Doing something for someone else

I love eating. Very much so. I don't use food as an emotional crutch, though what I eat depends greatly on my mood - and the contents of my fridge and larder... Food is a huge part of my life. I practically live for food. I am a chef after all. I enjoy ridiculously expensive foods, but I also crave macaroni and cheese.

I don't know what I would do if I woke up one day and found that I was unable to feed myself, and yet lack of nourishment is a reality for far too many people.

Hunger is an enormous problem worldwide, one that could be so easily solved. There is no shortage of food, but there is a problem with distribution. There might be a couple dusty cans of food in your cupboard that can be donated to a food bank. Or perhaps you have some spare change for a collection.

There are other ways to help with minimal efforts on your part. Two websites provide food to the hungry, and all you need to do is look them up, and click. The websites' sponsors donate food to different organisations on your behalf.

The Hunger Site reunites six issues in one place. You can even sign up for daily reminders to click.

Free Rice is a little more work than the above, however it can be a fun site to help improve your odds in Trivial Pursuit... Have a look, it is kind of addictive.





Comments

Popular Posts