The Garden


It's not much. But it'll be the most productive garden I have ever tended. On my (relatively large London) balcony, there are:


Tomatoes, beans and coriander in the back; potatoes (the empty-looking planter) and basil in the foreground.


Mint, and oregano. The chives are succumbing to a massive aphid attack, but the native lady bugs I ordered are doing a good job of clearing them out.


A salad bar.


Pick-your-own strawberries


Mediterranean herbs and a patty-pan squash.

While all these plants will provide pollen and nectar for bees, I've also sown some borage and nasturtium to provide pollinators with extra food, and there is a budding lavender that should attract more friendly insects. I've also ordered an insect hotel for lady bugs and bees and a worm composter. All I need now is to find room for a couple of chilli plants and the garden should be set.


 Happy gardening, and bon app'!



Comments

  1. Looks like a great garden! Love your trellis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly!

      The trellis is really simple to make: just a few wooden poles (I used hazel rods, but bamboo also works)interwoven together, and tied for safety with some linen or hemp string.

      Delete
  2. "Interesting"I really enjoyed your blog post, i always got good, relevant and useful
    information from your new and unique posts, i m sure your blog will keep us continues update.
    Thanks for providing us such useful information..






    garden centre Lutterworth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts